06 June 2007

"I will not have a minority living without god telling me what I should do."



I will find out which teacher informed on me. I will punish her for sure. It's me the person with spiritual authority over the village.
In case you ever wanted to come to Poland and work here, please be informed that besides your contractual boss you will always have another one: the local parish priest. It's a whole parallel reporting hierarchy, above the local priest there are bishops and it goes all the way up to Holy See.

I case you wondered what it's all about - tomorrow it's Corpus Christi. In every city, town and village, you'll see decorated streets, an altar every several blocks and processions going between them lead by guys wearing dresses. They go along streets in the morning singing loudly and waking up any sleeping sinners. The thing is - all those altars have to be built by somebody. In Kroczewo in Mazowieckie Voivodship, one of the altars is to be built close to the school. And the altar itself is to be built by school teachers. They found out about it when they saw a note in teachers room in their school:
As Rector has assigned teachers to prepare the altar for Corpus Cristi, I assign following teachers to this task [list of five teachers].

The note was signed by Barbara Łubek, the school director. The deputy school director said in an interview, that they could not refuse since rector has asked them to do that. When asked what about the non-believing teachers in that school she answered:
It's impossible. After all this school is named after John Paul II.
Don't expect any comment from me, I'm at a loss of words.

No comments: